Physiotherapy at Home
“Physiotherapy at home” service is the physiotherapy exercises done in the home of people who had orthopedical surgery (knee-hip prothesis, hip fracture etc), who has neurological conditions like stroke, MS, Parkinson’s disease and who has walking difficulty because of elderly age or any other condition.
The service begins with the evaluation of our physiotherapist and defining the tailor-made physiotherapy programs according to patients’ status and target with the supervision of patients’ doctor and goes on with execution of therapy sessions according to the program. The physiotherapist brings equipment such as electrotherapy device, elastic band, kinesioband, free weight, wrist weight, balance disc, etc. necessary for physical therapy at home.
Advantages of “Physiotherapy at Home” service:
- Patient feels safer and more comfortable.
- Patient saves energy of transportation to hospital and can concentrate better to the therapy sessions and better outcomes can occur.
- Infection risks of hospitalization can be avoided.
- The patient and his/her family have a more positive process.
- Lack of time in traffic and in the cues in hospital can be avoided.
- Damages due to transportation can be avoided.
- Physiotherapist understands more about patient’s life habits and environment and designs the exercises according to patient’s needs.
- The physiotherapist can make the environment suitable for the patient by identifying the risk factors that may affect the patient and the negativities of the house. This can reduce the risk of falls, especially for elderly patients.
- Patients who have Alzheimer’s disease can be protected from the negative effects of environmental changes.
- Geriatric Rehabilitation
- Neurological rehabilitation (stroke, MS, Parkinson’s disease)
- Orthopedic rehabilitation
- Vertebra rehabilitation
- Painful conditions of musculoskeletal system (Lumbar or cervical hernia, fibromyalgia, osteoarthritis)
- Inflammatory rheumatic disease of musculoskeletal system like ankylosing spondylitis, rheumatic arthritis)
- Osteoporosis (lack of bone mineral density)
- Personal exercises programs
- Manuel therapy
- Breathing rehabilitation